next ioccc

Andrey Vul

Does anyody know when the next IOCCC is going to occur? It feels
stagnant and I have some CPP gaming I'd like to show.

Keith Thompson

Andrey Vul said:
Does anyody know when the next IOCCC is going to occur? It feels
stagnant and I have some CPP gaming I'd like to show.

Yes, it looks pretty stagnant. The web page (www.ioccc.org)
is down at the moment, though it apparently was up as of
October 30, when the Google cache was created. The mirror at
<http://www1.us.ioccc.org/main.html> is ok.

There's a contact address. The organizers probably don't need a
deluge of people asking the same thing; I'll send them an e-mail
myself and report back.

(I entered myself a few years ago, though I didn't win. I might post
my entry if I can find it.)

Andrey Vul

Yes, it looks pretty stagnant.  The web page (www.ioccc.org)
is down at the moment, though it apparently was up as of
October 30, when the Google cache was created.  The mirror at
<http://www1.us.ioccc.org/main.html> is ok.

There's a contact address.  The organizers probably don't need a
deluge of people asking the same thing; I'll send them an e-mail
myself and report back.

(I entered myself a few years ago, though I didn't win.  I might post
my entry if I can find it.)

The important part is entering - that's what separates the men from
the boys, where boys refers to code monkeys.
Why? Two reasons:
1) Originality in all aspects of C (pp and cc)
2) Knowledge of cpp behavior in order to optimize for size properly

As for me, I have about 2-300 characters left to trim until the 2048
rule isn't broken.
Most of the characters are in the output generator, and about 50 are
#if defined _MSC_VER ... ... #elif defined __GNUC__ #else ... #endif ,
since you can't assume that cc will be your compiler and cpp your
preprocessor unless you're using unix. Which means compiler
specialization and envp as a last resort.