NitroHQ been vandalised?

John Carter

I went looking for the Nitro homepage to give it a mention to our
local Linux user group and I found it has been vandalised.

That's just sad.

Really sad.

It looks like somebody, "Anonymous at (68.125.174.11)" has
wiped the NitroHQ wiki homepage.

John Carter Phone : (64)(3) 358 6639
Tait Electronics Fax : (64)(3) 359 4632
PO Box 1645 Christchurch Email : (e-mail address removed)
New Zealand

Carter's Clarification of Murphy's Law.

From this principle, all of life and physics may be deduced.

Jamis Buck

I went looking for the Nitro homepage to give it a mention to our
local Linux user group and I found it has been vandalised.

That's just sad.

Really sad.

Indeed, very sad. It's too bad that people feel the need to target
wikis like that.

I'm glad the page was recoverable, at any rate.

- Jamis

Trans

Perhaps put email confirmations on editing. Once confirmed perhaps the
IP address could be stored as valid for future use. Or something to
that effect.

FYI Ruby Garden Wiki is being hit hard once again. Seems they figured
out the defenses.

T.

Dominik Schlütter

Hi,

Jamis Buck said:
Indeed, very sad. It's too bad that people feel the need to target
wikis like that.

Yes. But as it's a Wiki, it should be easy to revert to a previous
version. I had a look at that, but I was unable to figure out how to do
that. I was able to see a diff, but there's no easy way to say: "take
this version as the newest". This is an important featur for a Wiki,
IMHO.

Regards,

Dominik.

John Wilger

FYI Ruby Garden Wiki is being hit hard once again. Seems they figured
out the defenses.

Must be those Absynthe programmers. Absynthe is the Apocolypse! :-D
--=20
Regards,
John Wilger

-----------
Alice came to a fork in the road. "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carrol, Alice in Wonderland

George Moschovitis

Thanks for reporting, I have rolled-back the earlier version. I 'll
have to add some antispam measures when I come back from vacations.

regards,
George.

John Wilger

=20
Is that another agile web framework?

No. (At least not that I'm aware of.) That's kind of an inside joke
for anyone who was lucky enough to attend why's presentation at
(F)OSCON. ;-)

--=20
Regards,
John Wilger

-----------
Alice came to a fork in the road. "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carrol, Alice in Wonderland

Julian Leviston

that's kinda funny... coz AbSynth is also a programmable synthesizer...

Julian.

Hal Fulton

Julian said:
that's kinda funny... coz AbSynth is also a programmable synthesizer...

Julian.

"Synth" as in synthesizer obviously, but also a play on
the word "absinthe."

Hal

John Wilger

"Synth" as in synthesizer obviously, but also a play on
the word "absinthe."

Damn! I was hoping to get through this thread without anyone pointing
out the fact that _I_ had misspelled absinthe. :)
--=20
Regards,
John Wilger