    Gurdeep Saini

    --
    Gurdeep Saini

    Gurdeep Saini, Nov 11, 2004

  2. Gurdeep Saini <> wrote in message
    news:pQSkd.30730$...
    > Hi, I have used perl's News::NNTPClient in order to retrieve posts from a
    > news group for last 2 years. Now, I host my website on a server where

    there
    > is no news server installed. The same program that needs the news server,
    > doesn't work.
    >
    > I want to know If it is possible to access a remote news server and stream
    > the posts from a news group on that server to my machine.

    Hi Gurdeep,

    If I understand your problem correctly - and I may not since I still
    consider myself a Perl novice - you shouldn't need to stream posts to your
    script. Check out the modules auth_info() function. This allows you to login
    to a remote news server from your script.

    Hope this Helps,
    Anthony Papillion

    Anthony Papillion II, Nov 12, 2004