no-cache - need to reload page from server and not the cache

John

HiUsers will often use the back button to re-fill a form. I don't want
that.The following should prevent the cache from filling up.However it is
not 100% reliable.<head>
<title>First Page</title>
</head>
How can I be certain (both for E and FF) that the page reloads from the
server and not the cache?RegardsJohn

Art

HiUsers will often use the back button to re-fill a form. I don't want
that.The following should prevent the cache from filling up.However it is
not 100% reliable.<head>
<title>First Page</title>
</head>
How can I be certain (both for E and FF) that the page reloads from the
server and not the cache?RegardsJohn
John,
Instead of the above, try the following meta tag:

There are some subtleties regarding the Pragma meta-tag that preclude it
doing what you want it to do in all instances. There's an explanation of
this at:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/234067

HTH...

Art