No error in IE 5.5 using Netscape specific

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by George Hester, Aug 21, 2004.

  1. Here is a small HTML

    <head>
    <script type="application/x-javascript">
    //strBundleService = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/intl/stringbundle;1"].getService(Components.interfaces.nsIStringBundleService);
    //pluginsbundle = strBundleService.createBundle("chrome://communicator/locale/plugins.properties");
    //regionbundle = strBundleService.createBundle("chrome://communicator-region/locale/region..properties");
    //alert(strBundleService);
    //document.writeln("<title>" + pluginsbundle.GetStringFromName("title_label") + "<\/title>");
    </script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    //strBundleService = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/intl/stringbundle;1"].getService(Components.interfaces.nsIStringBundleService);
    alert('Hi');
    </script>
    </head>

    In this you can see my attempts to get more the just a blank page.
    In the second <script if I put back in strBundleService, there are no errors and 'Hi" doesn't appear.

    As it is now 'Hi" does appear.

    The first <script seems to do nothing at all.

    I get "enabled" all over the place in this:

    http://www.ece.mcgill.ca/~wentsern/lcr/plugins.html

    but I really doubt it is a true indication of my browser IE 5.5 SP2.
    Thanks.

    George Hester

    George Hester, Aug 21, 2004