No error in IE 5.5 using Netscape specific

George Hester

Here is a small HTML

<head>
<script type="application/x-javascript">
//strBundleService = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/intl/stringbundle;1"].getService(Components.interfaces.nsIStringBundleService);
//pluginsbundle = strBundleService.createBundle("chrome://communicator/locale/plugins.properties");
//regionbundle = strBundleService.createBundle("chrome://communicator-region/locale/region..properties");
//alert(strBundleService);
//document.writeln("<title>" + pluginsbundle.GetStringFromName("title_label") + "<\/title>");
</script>
<script type="text/javascript">
//strBundleService = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/intl/stringbundle;1"].getService(Components.interfaces.nsIStringBundleService);
alert('Hi');
</script>
</head>

In this you can see my attempts to get more the just a blank page.
In the second <script if I put back in strBundleService, there are no errors and 'Hi" doesn't appear.

As it is now 'Hi" does appear.

The first <script seems to do nothing at all.

I get "enabled" all over the place in this:

http://www.ece.mcgill.ca/~wentsern/lcr/plugins.html

but I really doubt it is a true indication of my browser IE 5.5 SP2.
Thanks.

George Hester