    I get the parent directory. I dont want that even showing. I want my index
    page. The index page should show up in the parent directory too. Or so I
    thought. Any ideas?
    Ghostmaster, Jan 7, 2004

  2. Ghostmaster wrote:
    > I am in the process of making a website. I made a index.html page and
    > uploaded it to my host. I can't get the page to show up by just
    > typing in the addy to it. When I type in the addy as :
    >
    > http://www.learningpc4beginners.com/index.html
    >
    > No page found
    >
    > if I type in http://www.learningpc4beginners.com/
    >
    > I get the parent directory. I dont want that even showing. I want
    > my index page. The index page should show up in the parent
    > directory too. Or so I thought. Any ideas?

    I really dont like it when poeple say what I am about to say, but....
    Are you sure you have put the file in the correct place? It looks like it
    does not exist there, as the directory listing suggests. Check your
    http.conf (or you config file) is telling you the correct things, and that
    you are not living a lie.
    Disco Octopus, Jan 7, 2004

  3. Ghostmaster

    Ghostmaster Guest

    "Disco Octopus" <> wrote in message
    : Ghostmaster wrote:
    :

    <snip>

    : I really dont like it when poeple say what I am about to say, but....
    : Are you sure you have put the file in the correct place? It looks like it
    : does not exist there, as the directory listing suggests. Check your
    : http.conf (or you config file) is telling you the correct things, and that
    : you are not living a lie.
    :
    :

    *Ghostmaster turns every shade of red* Oh sheesh. Sorry I am not use
    to having a host. It is showing now. Thank you! The file had to go in a
    public folder. Not in the main directory.
    Ghostmaster, Jan 7, 2004
  4. Ghostmaster

    Clive Moss Guest

    Clive Moss, Jan 7, 2004