No page found

Ghostmaster

I am in the process of making a website. I made a index.html page and
uploaded it to my host. I can't get the page to show up by just typing in
the addy to it. When I type in the addy as :

http://www.learningpc4beginners.com/index.html

No page found

if I type in http://www.learningpc4beginners.com/

I get the parent directory. I dont want that even showing. I want my index
page. The index page should show up in the parent directory too. Or so I
thought. Any ideas?

Disco Octopus

Ghostmaster said:
I am in the process of making a website. I made a index.html page and
uploaded it to my host. I can't get the page to show up by just
typing in the addy to it. When I type in the addy as :

http://www.learningpc4beginners.com/index.html

No page found

if I type in http://www.learningpc4beginners.com/

I get the parent directory. I dont want that even showing. I want
my index page. The index page should show up in the parent
directory too. Or so I thought. Any ideas?

I really dont like it when poeple say what I am about to say, but....
Are you sure you have put the file in the correct place? It looks like it
does not exist there, as the directory listing suggests. Check your
http.conf (or you config file) is telling you the correct things, and that
you are not living a lie.

Ghostmaster

: Ghostmaster wrote:
:

<snip>

: I really dont like it when poeple say what I am about to say, but....
: Are you sure you have put the file in the correct place? It looks like it
: does not exist there, as the directory listing suggests. Check your
: http.conf (or you config file) is telling you the correct things, and that
: you are not living a lie.
:
:

*Ghostmaster turns every shade of red* Oh sheesh. Sorry I am not use
to having a host. It is showing now. Thank you! The file had to go in a
public folder. Not in the main directory.