    find any. Please help me with this.

    Cheerio,
    Arvin

    Aravind Kumarj, Mar 20, 2009

  2. Aravind Kumarj

    Marc Heiler Guest

    > "no such file to load -- popup"

    What is popup.rb? Or from where did you get it, or which code requires
    it?

    Marc Heiler, Mar 20, 2009

  3. Marc Heiler wrote:
    >> "no such file to load -- popup"

    > What is popup.rb? Or from where did you get it, or which code requires
    > it?

    hi,

    please check the code below, which needs the Popup library

    require 'Popup'

    Popup.make do
    h1 "Things To Do"
    list do
    p "Try out Ruby"
    p "Ride a tiger"
    p "(down River Euphrates)"
    end
    end

    Cheerio,
    Arvin

    Aravind Kumarj, Mar 20, 2009
  4. Aravind Kumarj wrote:
    > Marc Heiler wrote:
    >>> "no such file to load -- popup"

    >> What is popup.rb? Or from where did you get it, or which code requires
    >> it?

    > hi,
    >
    > please check the code below, which needs the Popup library
    >
    > require 'Popup'
    >
    > Popup.make do
    > h1 "Things To Do"
    > list do
    > p "Try out Ruby"
    > p "Ride a tiger"
    > p "(down River Euphrates)"
    > end
    > end
    >
    > Cheerio,
    > Arvin

    It could be because of the capitalization. Try replacing that require
    with this:
    require 'popup'

    Vikhyat Korrapati, Mar 20, 2009
  5. Vikhyat Korrapati wrote:
    > Aravind Kumarj wrote:
    >>>
    >>> What is popup.rb? Or from where did you get it, or which code requires
    >>> it?

    >> hi,
    >>
    >> please check the code below, which needs the Popup library
    >>
    >> require 'Popup'
    >>
    >> Popup.make do
    >> h1 "Things To Do"
    >> list do
    >> p "Try out Ruby"
    >> p "Ride a tiger"
    >> p "(down River Euphrates)"
    >> end
    >> end
    >>
    >> Cheerio,
    >> Arvin

    > It could be because of the capitalization. Try replacing that require
    > with this:
    > require 'popup'

    i tried capitalizing also.. it's still not working

    Cheerio,
    Arvin

    Aravind Kumarj, Mar 20, 2009
  6. Aravind Kumarj

    Adam Gardner Guest

    Aravind Kumarj wrote:
    > Hi ,
    > i am newbie and i'm trying to open a popup from a ruby code which
    > requires popup.rb. when i run the code it says "no such file to load --
    > popup" .I tried to download for this for ruby source file , but din't
    > find any. Please help me with this.
    >
    > Cheerio,
    > Arvin

    The code you are referring to is part of the "Try Ruby" web app [1], and
    as far as I know has no function outside of that app. It certainly is
    not part of the Ruby standard library. It is (to the best of my
    knowledge) intended as a learning exercise, not an library you use to
    build other applications.

    Hope this helps,
    - Adam Gardner

    [1] http://tryruby.hobix.com/

    Adam Gardner, Mar 20, 2009
  7. Adam Gardner wrote:
    > Aravind Kumarj wrote:
    >> Hi ,
    >> i am newbie and i'm trying to open a popup from a ruby code which
    >> requires popup.rb. when i run the code it says "no such file to load --
    >> popup" .I tried to download for this for ruby source file , but din't
    >> find any. Please help me with this.
    >>
    >> Cheerio,
    >> Arvin

    > The code you are referring to is part of the "Try Ruby" web app [1], and
    > as far as I know has no function outside of that app. It certainly is
    > not part of the Ruby standard library. It is (to the best of my
    > knowledge) intended as a learning exercise, not an library you use to
    > build other applications.
    >
    > Hope this helps,
    > - Adam Gardner
    >
    > [1] http://tryruby.hobix.com/

    hi , thanks for the reply.

    I din't know this . :)
    Is there a way to open a popup using ruby?

    Cheerio,
    Arvin

    Aravind Kumarj, Mar 20, 2009
  8. Aravind Kumarj

    Adam Gardner Guest

    > hi , thanks for the reply.
    >
    > I din't know this . :)
    > Is there a way to open a popup using ruby?
    >
    > Cheerio,
    > Arvin

    Yes, but how you do it depends on what 'platform' you're working with.
    If you're platform is the web, then I'm sure there are many, many ways,
    but I don't know them 'cause that's not what I use Ruby for. I'm sure
    other could help you out there.

    If you're doing a desktop application, there are numerous ways to do it.
    They range from simple, lightweight systems like Shoes [1] to full
    fledged GUI toolkits like WxRuby [2] or Ruby-GNOME [3], and plenty of
    more specialized ones like Gosu [4] (which is game-design oriented).

    Some alternative interpreters like JRuby [5] and MacRuby [6] provide
    their own methods for making windows, appropriate to the platforms they
    are targeting (the JVM and the OS X Objective-C runtime, respectively).

    It's hard for me to make a recommendation on one of these, as I've only
    used a few of them (and there are others I haven't listed, besides). If
    you're just playing around, Shoes is a great place to start. Otherwise,
    it might help to have more information about what sort of 'popup' you're
    trying to make.

    Hope this helps,
    - Adam

    [1] http://shoooes.net/