    still there are no xml tags in the output.

    Has anyone seen this before? Any help much appreciated....

    Yannick
    yannicklaclau, Feb 28, 2005

  2. yannicklaclau wrote:

    > my xml-to-xml transformation is outputting an xml header and then just
    > text like this:
    >
    > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>e19dbb7b-5529-43a0......
    >
    > I've searched regarding this problem and it seems that if there's no
    > match in your xsl template then by default everything gets spat out.
    >
    > But I've tested this with very definite matches in my template, and
    > still there are no xml tags in the output.
    >
    > Has anyone seen this before?

    We do not need to guess, try to reduce to the minimum necessary to show
    the problem, then post the relevant XML and XSLT here, and tell us which
    XSLT processor you use.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
    Martin Honnen, Feb 28, 2005

  3. Ok, false alarm.

    As I suspected, it was a newbie issue. In case anyone else has this
    problem, the solution is to use copy-of instead of value-of. Pretty
    self-explanatory: value-of will output the value of the matched node;
    copy-of will output a complete copy of the matched node, including the
    tags.
    yannicklaclau, Feb 28, 2005