NoClassDefFoundError

H.L

But a rather obvious starting point in this case is to include the
driver file which contains the classes that the OP is actually trying to
load dynamically!

Thanks a lot for giving straight advice. Your solution worked, but
there was one more thing that I had to do for the error not to come. The
jar of the SQL database driver had to be signed as well. I thought that
it was enough to include it. It was downloaded from an official source.
The documentation on this is not very clear, neither from Apache or
Netbeans or the stuff on JNLP files from Sun. That's why I needed some
help from here.

Regards,

Håkan Lane

Lionel van den Berg

H.L said:
The documentation on this is not very clear, neither from Apache or
Netbeans or the stuff on JNLP files from Sun. That's why I needed some
help from here.

I have to beg the differ on that one. The documentation for JWS does
clearly state that you must sign your jars. You need to work closely
with the Java control panel to get all the debugging output to see what
is going on.

But glad you got there.

Lionel.

Andrew Thompson

H.L wrote:
...The
jar of the SQL database driver had to be signed as well.

Does it? I had been meaing to ask why your project specified
<all-permissions/>. That is not necessary for an app. that simply
wants to 'phone home' to a DB coming off the same server.

If you need the app. to contact a different server, then it would
require either trust or the user to OK the cross-domain access.

What else does the project do that might require trust?
Have you tried it without asking for all-permissions?

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.physci.org/