    What is a a non serializable object and class and how do I recognize
    them?
    Thank you guys!

    andrewzzz, Jan 11, 2007

  2. andrewzzz wrote:
    > What is a a non serializable object and class

    One that does not implement 'Serializable'

    >.. and how do I recognize them?

    Perhaps *you* should finish this homework*.

    * /google the rest/do some legwork..

    Andrew T.

    Andrew Thompson, Jan 11, 2007

  3. andrewzzz

    ck Guest

    andrewzzz wrote:
    > What is a a non serializable object and class and how do I recognize
    > them?
    > Thank you guys!

    Any class that does not implement Serializable interface (implicitly or
    explicitly) would be non serializable class, and its object would non
    serializable objects. Classes that do not implement this interface will
    not have any of their state serialized or deserialized.

    Cheers,
    Ck
    http://www.gfour.net

    ck, Jan 11, 2007
  4. andrewzzz

    Daniel Dyer Guest

    On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 12:00:53 -0000, Andrew Thompson
    <> wrote:

    > andrewzzz wrote:
    >> What is a a non serializable object and class

    > One that does not implement 'Serializable'

    A class can implement Serializable and still not be serializable. This is
    the case if it has any non-Serializable, non-transient instance fields.

    Dan.

    --
    Daniel Dyer
    http://www.uncommons.org

    Daniel Dyer, Jan 11, 2007
  5. Daniel Dyer wrote:
    > On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 12:00:53 -0000, Andrew Thompson
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > andrewzzz wrote:
    > >> What is a a non serializable object and class

    > > One that does not implement 'Serializable'

    > A ...

    'do some legwork.. '

    Andrew T.

    Andrew Thompson, Jan 11, 2007