    i can't click in the "input=text" area, nor can i click on the detect
    button.

    any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks! :)

    yawnmoth, Nov 13, 2004

  2. yawnmoth wrote:

    > the form on a webpage of mine isn't working as it should. namelly,
    > the form to submit data only works in IE. it doesn't work in firefox
    > or opera.

    You've positioned a div called "fjlogo" on top of it.
    http://www.brownhen.com/DI.html

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Nov 13, 2004

  3. yawnmoth

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html yawnmoth said:

    > http://www.frostjedi.com/terra/scripts/proxy.php

    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.frostjedi.com/terra/scripts/proxy.php

    http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/...ipts/proxy/default.css&warning=1&profile=css2

    the fist step is always to fix your errors so you can know if its a
    problem with your markup or a problem with the browser. if you don't fix
    the errors you're just bumbling around without any idea what may be the
    cause of the problem or the solution.

    l i t t l e v o i c e s

    brucie, Nov 13, 2004
  4. yawnmoth

    SpaceGirl Guest

    yawnmoth wrote:
    > the form on a webpage of mine isn't working as it should. namelly,
    > the form to submit data only works in IE. it doesn't work in firefox
    > or opera. and i can't figure out why:
    >
    > http://www.frostjedi.com/terra/scripts/proxy.php
    >
    > i can't click in the "input=text" area, nor can i click on the detect
    > button.
    >
    > any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks! :)

    If you use the TAB key the jump around objects on the page you *can*
    select the field and edit it. But cuz there's a layer over the top of
    it, it's impossible to use the mouse to click. Remove (or move, or
    reorder) the layer (div) that is blocking the mouse input.

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Nov 13, 2004
  5. yawnmoth

    yawnmoth Guest

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 18:31:29 +1000, brucie <>
    wrote:

    >In alt.html yawnmoth said:
    >
    >> http://www.frostjedi.com/terra/scripts/proxy.php

    >http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.frostjedi.com/terra/scripts/proxy.php
    >
    >http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/...ipts/proxy/default.css&warning=1&profile=css2
    >
    >the fist step is always to fix your errors so you can know if its a
    >problem with your markup or a problem with the browser. if you don't fix
    >the errors you're just bumbling around without any idea what may be the
    >cause of the problem or the solution.

    the reason why it doesn't validate with the xhtml validator is because
    i use sessions. i guess they're automatically appended to the url's
    in the code, however, the html code that *i* wrote (not the html code
    that results as a result of the fact that i use sessions) validates
    just fine.

    if you have any ideas how to fix the session problem, i'd love to hear
    'em.

    as far as the css errors are concerned...

    those errors result because i use css attributes that only IE uses.
    ie. i *cannot* change the color of the scroll bar and have css that
    validates.

    yawnmoth, Nov 13, 2004
  6. yawnmoth

    Kris Guest

    In article <>,
    yawnmoth <> wrote:

    > as far as the css errors are concerned...
    >
    > those errors result because i use css attributes that only IE uses.
    > ie. i *cannot* change the color of the scroll bar and have css that
    > validates.

    Why would you change the color of *my* scrollbars?

    --
    Kris
    <> (nl)

    Kris, Nov 13, 2004
  7. yawnmoth wrote:

    > the reason why it doesn't validate with the xhtml validator is because
    > i use sessions. i guess they're automatically appended to the url's
    > in the code, however, the html code that *i* wrote (not the html code
    > that results as a result of the fact that i use sessions) validates
    > just fine.

    The HTML you wrote is not important. The HTML that is is the HTML that the
    client recieves. (And PHP can be configured to output valid HTML for
    sessions, it tells you how in the sessaions section of the PHP manual, its
    just configured to be invalid by default - which says a lot about the
    design of the language in general)

    > ie. i *cannot* change the color of the scroll bar and have css that
    > validates.

    Why don't you want my scrollbar to look like the scrollbars on all my other
    windows?

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Nov 13, 2004
  8. yawnmoth

    yawnmoth Guest

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 07:41:51 +0000, David Dorward <>
    wrote:

    >yawnmoth wrote:
    >
    >> the form on a webpage of mine isn't working as it should. namelly,
    >> the form to submit data only works in IE. it doesn't work in firefox
    >> or opera.

    >You've positioned a div called "fjlogo" on top of it.
    >http://www.brownhen.com/DI.html

    that was the problem! thanks to both you and SpaceGirl! :)

    yawnmoth, Nov 13, 2004
  9. yawnmoth

    Toby Inkster Guest

    yawnmoth wrote:

    > if you have any ideas how to fix the session problem, i'd love to hear
    > 'em.

    Google: arg_separator.output

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Nov 13, 2004
  10. yawnmoth

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html yawnmoth said:

    > the reason why it doesn't validate with the xhtml validator is because
    > i use sessions.

    ini_set("arg_separator.output", "&amp;");

    > ie. i *cannot* change the color of the scroll bar and have css that
    > validates.

    it is *MY* GUI and it already has the colors *I* like.

    l i t t l e v o i c e s

    brucie, Nov 13, 2004