non-working forms

yawnmoth

the form on a webpage of mine isn't working as it should. namelly,
the form to submit data only works in IE. it doesn't work in firefox
or opera. and i can't figure out why:

http://www.frostjedi.com/terra/scripts/proxy.php

i can't click in the "input=text" area, nor can i click on the detect
button.

any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks! :)

brucie

In alt.html yawnmoth said:

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.frostjedi.com/terra/scripts/proxy.php

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/...ipts/proxy/default.css&warning=1&profile=css2

the fist step is always to fix your errors so you can know if its a
problem with your markup or a problem with the browser. if you don't fix
the errors you're just bumbling around without any idea what may be the
cause of the problem or the solution.

SpaceGirl

yawnmoth said:
the form on a webpage of mine isn't working as it should. namelly,
the form to submit data only works in IE. it doesn't work in firefox
or opera. and i can't figure out why:

http://www.frostjedi.com/terra/scripts/proxy.php

i can't click in the "input=text" area, nor can i click on the detect
button.

any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks! :)

If you use the TAB key the jump around objects on the page you *can*
select the field and edit it. But cuz there's a layer over the top of
it, it's impossible to use the mouse to click. Remove (or move, or
reorder) the layer (div) that is blocking the mouse input.

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

yawnmoth

In alt.html yawnmoth said:

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.frostjedi.com/terra/scripts/proxy.php

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/...ipts/proxy/default.css&warning=1&profile=css2

the fist step is always to fix your errors so you can know if its a
problem with your markup or a problem with the browser. if you don't fix
the errors you're just bumbling around without any idea what may be the
cause of the problem or the solution.

the reason why it doesn't validate with the xhtml validator is because
i use sessions. i guess they're automatically appended to the url's
in the code, however, the html code that *i* wrote (not the html code
that results as a result of the fact that i use sessions) validates
just fine.

if you have any ideas how to fix the session problem, i'd love to hear
'em.

as far as the css errors are concerned...

those errors result because i use css attributes that only IE uses.
ie. i *cannot* change the color of the scroll bar and have css that
validates.

Kris

yawnmoth said:
as far as the css errors are concerned...

those errors result because i use css attributes that only IE uses.
ie. i *cannot* change the color of the scroll bar and have css that
validates.

Why would you change the color of *my* scrollbars?

David Dorward

yawnmoth said:
the reason why it doesn't validate with the xhtml validator is because
i use sessions. i guess they're automatically appended to the url's
in the code, however, the html code that *i* wrote (not the html code
that results as a result of the fact that i use sessions) validates
just fine.

The HTML you wrote is not important. The HTML that is is the HTML that the
client recieves. (And PHP can be configured to output valid HTML for
sessions, it tells you how in the sessaions section of the PHP manual, its
just configured to be invalid by default - which says a lot about the
design of the language in general)
ie. i *cannot* change the color of the scroll bar and have css that
validates.

Why don't you want my scrollbar to look like the scrollbars on all my other
windows?

brucie

In alt.html yawnmoth said:
the reason why it doesn't validate with the xhtml validator is because
i use sessions.

ini_set("arg_separator.output", "&");
ie. i *cannot* change the color of the scroll bar and have css that
validates.

it is *MY* GUI and it already has the colors *I* like.