    http://www.stuckonalgebra.com
    "The best Algebra tutorial program I have seen... in a class by itself."
    Macworld
    Kenneth Tilton, Jun 7, 2010

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Kenneth Tilton <>
    writing in news:4c0d68df$0$22506$:

    > I am using qooxdoo, a 700+k js library that takes 5s or more to load.
    > The script tag is in the header.
    >
    > Is there any way to just stick some HTML in the header or body to get a
    > simple "Now loading..." on the screen so they know we're working on it?
    >
    > I tried just putting a <p>Now loading...</p> n the body but never saw it.
    >
    > thx,
    >
    > kt

    URL?

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    Adrienne Boswell, Jun 8, 2010

  3. Kenneth Tilton

    rf Guest

    Kenneth Tilton wrote:
    > I am using qooxdoo, a 700+k js library that takes 5s or more to load.
    > The script tag is in the header.

    Ask over on comp.lang.php about loading qooxdoo. There are threads active
    about it at the moment.

    > Is there any way to just stick some HTML in the header or body to get
    > a simple "Now loading..." on the screen so they know we're working on
    > it?

    No.
    rf, Jun 8, 2010
  4. Re: Noob Q: How get some HTML on the screen while a BIG js libraryloads.

    Adrienne Boswell wrote:
    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Kenneth Tilton <>
    > writing in news:4c0d68df$0$22506$:
    >
    >> I am using qooxdoo, a 700+k js library that takes 5s or more to load.
    >> The script tag is in the header.
    >>
    >> Is there any way to just stick some HTML in the header or body to get a
    >> simple "Now loading..." on the screen so they know we're working on it?
    >>
    >> I tried just putting a <p>Now loading...</p> n the body but never saw it.
    >>
    >> thx,
    >>
    >> kt
    >>

    > URL?

    http://teamalgebra.com/ (No, it's not algebra. yet.)

    Well, I switched to a so-called "build" of the qooxdoo app and it is
    fast enough that I can live without it. Someone on the qooxdoo list
    provided HTML which along with an animated GIF worked perty good, but I
    yanked it.

    thx, kt

    Kenneth Tilton, Jun 9, 2010
  5. Kenneth Tilton

    Andy Guest

    "Kenneth Tilton" <> wrote in message
    > I am using qooxdoo, a 700+k js library that takes 5s or more to load. The
    > script tag is in the header.
    >
    > Is there any way to just stick some HTML in the header or body to get a
    > simple "Now loading..." on the screen so they know we're working on it?
    >
    > I tried just putting a <p>Now loading...</p> n the body but never saw it.
    >
    > thx,
    >
    > kt
    >
    > --
    > http://www.stuckonalgebra.com
    > "The best Algebra tutorial program I have seen... in a class by itself."
    > Macworld

    Hi Kenneth,

    I reckon I could come up with a solution for you but I need to know the
    answer to two questions...

    1: Is there an "onload=" tag in the <body> element?
    2: Does the page work if you move the qooxdoo script to just above the
    closing </body> element?

    Cheers

    Andy
    Andy, Jun 10, 2010