Norwegian characters in string property of Custom Control disappears

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Cato Antonsen, Jan 23, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    I'm developing an Inhereted Webcontrol with one string property named
    LookupGroups. In the development enviroment I set this property to
    'Sekretærer' (html: Sekretærer) which contains Norwegian
    characters.

    In the Set declaration of this property the 'value' has lost the
    Norwegian character and is thus 'Sekretrer'.

    Do anyone know why this happens -- and even better how to fix?

    Here is a code snippet:

    [DefaultProperty("TextValue")
    ,ToolboxData("<{0}:Lookup runat=server></{0}:Lookup>")
    ,ParseChildren(true)]
    public class Lookup : System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl
    {
    private string _lookupGroups;

    [Category("Custom")]
    public string LookupGroups
    {
    get { return this._lookupGroups; }
    set { this._lookupGroups = value; } <--- Invalid value

    Sincerely,
    Cato Antonsen

    Cato Antonsen, Jan 23, 2004