Norwegian characters in string property of Custom Control disappears

Cato Antonsen

Hi,

I'm developing an Inhereted Webcontrol with one string property named
LookupGroups. In the development enviroment I set this property to
'Sekretærer' (html: Sekretærer) which contains Norwegian
characters.

In the Set declaration of this property the 'value' has lost the
Norwegian character and is thus 'Sekretrer'.

Do anyone know why this happens -- and even better how to fix?

Here is a code snippet:

[DefaultProperty("TextValue")
,ToolboxData("<{0}:Lookup runat=server></{0}:Lookup>")
,ParseChildren(true)]
public class Lookup : System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl
{
private string _lookupGroups;

[Category("Custom")]
public string LookupGroups
{
get { return this._lookupGroups; }
set { this._lookupGroups = value; } <--- Invalid value

Sincerely,
Cato Antonsen