not able to get debug info for executable on windows

call_me_anything

We have an application which we build on linux and windows.
In one particular set of operations (not necessary to describe here),
the application crashes in Windows but not in Linux.

I am not able to use the gdb in Windows for debugging this though I
tried using
/Zi and /Z7 flags for the same.

I am using the following cl and gdb versions:

GDB :
GNU gdb6.0
configured as "i686-pc-mingw32"

CL :
32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 13.10.3077 for 80x86

On running with gdb, it says
Minimal symbols from cheetah-debug.exe... (no debugging symbols
found)...

Erik Wikström

We have an application which we build on linux and windows.
In one particular set of operations (not necessary to describe here),
the application crashes in Windows but not in Linux.

I am not able to use the gdb in Windows for debugging this though I
tried using
/Zi and /Z7 flags for the same.

I am using the following cl and gdb versions:

GDB :
GNU gdb6.0
configured as "i686-pc-mingw32"

CL :
32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 13.10.3077 for 80x86

Questions about how to use compilers, debuggers, etc. are off-topic and
should be asked in a group discussing these programs.

In your case I suspect you use Microsoft's compiler on Windows, and it
does not use the same format for debug symbols (I think they keep them
in a separate file) so you will have to use the MS debugger too (or some
other debugger which understands that format).

Rolf Magnus

call_me_anything said:
We have an application which we build on linux and windows.
In one particular set of operations (not necessary to describe here),
the application crashes in Windows but not in Linux.

Generally, your question is off-topic here, since this newsgroup is about
the C++ language, not about any compilers or debuggers.
I am not able to use the gdb in Windows for debugging this though I
tried using /Zi and /Z7 flags for the same.

I don't think that gdb supports such command line flags under Windows or
under Linux.
I am using the following cl and gdb versions:

GDB :
GNU gdb6.0
configured as "i686-pc-mingw32"

CL :
32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 13.10.3077 for 80x86

On running with gdb, it says
Minimal symbols from cheetah-debug.exe... (no debugging symbols
found)...

Are you sure that you can debug programs created by "32-bit C/C++ Optimizing
Compiler Version 13.10.3077 for 80x86" with "GNU gdb6.0"?