not able to get xml out of a large dataset in vb.net v2.0 framework

Joined
Apr 8, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I have a large dataset with 15000 rows and 87 columns. If i call Dataset.GetXml, it returns nothing and thus the rest of my code fails to execute.

I tried to use writexml and wrote it to a stringbuilder and even a stringwriter.

But same behavior was shown with stringbuilder.tostring or stringwriter.tostring.

I debugged and when put a breakpoint near this and execute them in immediate window, I get "No such interface supported" message.

This code works upto about 1500 odd rows of data.

All I am trying to do is to load this xml to a dom element of MSXML and parse further.

Is dataset in .net not able to handle this much large data. When I was successfully able to write it to a stringbuilder, the stringbuilder.length returned 56000257. Is this large for dataset?

I am using odbc connection to connect to oracle database.

Please advice further