Not updated Textbox value inside a datalist editItemTemplate

etantonio

Good Morning,
I still havent solved my problem with a textbox inside an
editItemTemplate
of a datalist,
in fact now it is filled with the word "CIAOOOOOO" , if a runtime in
the
form I put a different word
like "PIZZAAAA" this new word is not available in the Update_Command
following :

void Update_Command(Object sender, DataListCommandEventArgs e)
{
String sNomeCampo =
((TextBox)e.Item.FindControl("NomeCampo")).Text;
}

where instead I've again sNomeCampo = "PIZZA" .
I need help, this problem is stopping my job, many thanks

Antonio D'Ottavio
www.etantonio.it/en

Here's the code inside HTML:

<ASP:DataList id="MyDataCampi" runat="server"
HorizontalAlign="Center"
RepeatDirection="Horizontal" RepeatColumns="1"
OnEditCommand="Edit_Command"
OnUpdateCommand="Update_Command"
OnCancelCommand="Cancel_Command" OnItemDataBound="BindComboes"
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:LinkButton id="EditButton" Text="Edit"
CommandName="Edit" runat="server"/>
<input id="HiddenIDCampo" type="hidden"
value='<%#DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "IDCampo") %>'
runat="server"
/>
<%#
DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"NomeCampo")%>
</ItemTemplate>

<EditItemTemplate>
<asp:LinkButton id="UpdateButton" Text="Update"
CommandName="Update" runat="server"/>
<asp:TextBox id="NomeCampo" text='CIAOOOOOOOOOO'
runat="server"/>
</EditItemTemplate>

</ASP:DataList>

Grant Merwitz

When are you populating your DataList?
Is this in the Page_Load.

Often people populate there Grids/Lists in the page load and forget that
when the page reloads this will be populated again.

Your page_load should look as follows

private void Page_Load(object Sender, EventArgs e)
{
if(!Page.IsPostBack) //Emphasis here
{
BindDataList(); //This method binds the list

If this is not the case, the textbox will be reloaded with its original
value,
and something like you described would happen

Hope that Helps