    I can not store data in database till the user finish everything.

    Any suggestion welcome,

    Thank
    perlistpaul, Apr 21, 2006

  2. perlistpaul

    Brian Wakem Guest

    perlistpaul wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I used Hidden filed to store the information and then send another form
    > for the user to put in, after everything is properly fill in. The user
    > will allow to submit.
    >
    > How can I send data from one form to the other form without using
    > hidden field?
    > I can not store data in database till the user finish everything.
    >
    > Any suggestion welcome,
    >
    > Thank

    If you can't use a database or hidden fields then your only options are to
    attempt to use cookies or put everything on one page.

    This is nothing to do with Perl though, the answer would be the same if it
    was written in any other language.

    --
    Brian Wakem
    Brian Wakem, Apr 21, 2006

  3. perlistpaul

    perlistpaul Guest

    It is the same for whatever programming to use, but I use Perl, I had
    used Cookie but it seems not very good. I don't whether there is any
    methods which is better then cookie?
    perlistpaul, Apr 22, 2006
  4. perlistpaul

    Guest

    "perlistpaul" <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I used Hidden filed to store the information and then send another form
    > for the user to put in, after everything is properly fill in. The user
    > will allow to submit.
    >
    > How can I send data from one form to the other form without using
    > hidden field?

    Does it have to go from form to form, or simply from CGI invocation
    to CGI invocation? How about using non-hidden fields?

    > I can not store data in database till the user finish everything.

    Why not?

    > Any suggestion welcome,

    Tell whoever is making up these bizarre rules to do it themselves.
    It sounds like you have a management problem, not a Perl (or any other
    language) problem.

    Xho

    Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB
    , Apr 26, 2006