not using offline mode in webrick

Max Benjamin

Hello list,
I'm using webrick to serve up rhtml pages and can't seem to access cgi
variables. My very very simple server looks like this:
########################
require 'webrick'
include WEBrick

def start_webrick(config = {})
config.update:)Port => 8080)
config.update:)MimeTypes => {'rhtml' => 'text/html'})
server = HTTPServer.new(config)
yield server if block_given?
['INT', 'TERM'].each {|signal|
trap(signal) {server.shutdown}
}
ruby_dir = File.expand_path('html')
server.mount("html", HTTPServlet::ERBHandler, ruby_dir)
server.start
end

start_webrick:)DocumentRoot => 'html')

When I attempt to get cgi variables I receive the following message:
(offline mode: enter name=value pairs on standard input)

How do I run the program in "non-offline" mode?

Thanks for the help!

Eric Hodel

[...]

Don't use CGI variables, use objects handed to the ERb page by
WEBrick. I think they're in meta_vars and query.