    halves like this: A | B Without using tables?

    Thanks,

    Bob

    Bob in PA, Jan 11, 2004

  2. Bob in PA wrote:
    > I couldn't word this in a way that
    > google could give me an answer. Is there a way to divide a page into
    > two different halves like this: A | B Without using tables?

    yep - try "CSS two column layout" and variations thereof in your searches.

    --
    William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

    William Tasso, Jan 11, 2004

  3. Bob in PA

    Bob in PA Guest

    "William Tasso" <> wrote in message
    > Bob in PA wrote:
    > > I couldn't word this in a way that
    > > google could give me an answer. Is there a way to divide a page into
    > > two different halves like this: A | B Without using tables?

    > yep - try "CSS two column layout" and variations thereof in your searches.
    >
    > --
    > William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

    Wow, hadn't thought of that one. This works rather nicely (not my creation,
    just copied and pasted) :

    ..left{ float:left;
    color:black;
    background:red;
    width:45%;
    border-style:double;
    border-color:red;
    border-width:thin;
    }

    ..right{float:right;
    text-align:left;
    color:black;
    background:red;
    width:45%;
    border-style:double;
    border-color:red;
    border-width:thin;
    }

    Thanks,

    Bob

    Bob in PA, Jan 11, 2004
  4. Bob in PA

    rf Guest

    "Bob in PA" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Sorry about asking this, but I couldn't word this in a way that google
    > could give me an answer. Is there a way to divide a page into two

    different
    > halves like this: A | B Without using tables?

    Yes. The correct google term is "two column CSS layout". You will get about
    37,500 hits.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Jan 11, 2004
  5. rf wrote:
    > "Bob in PA" <> wrote in message
    >> Is there a way to divide a page
    >> into two different halves like this: A | B Without using
    >> tables?

    > Yes. The correct google term is "two column CSS layout". You will get
    > about 37,500 hits.

    Ahhhh - I see ;o)

    --
    William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com