'nother css question

Bob in PA

Hi,

Sorry about asking this, but I couldn't word this in a way that google
could give me an answer. Is there a way to divide a page into two different
halves like this: A | B Without using tables?

Thanks,

Bob

William Tasso

Bob said:
I couldn't word this in a way that
google could give me an answer. Is there a way to divide a page into
two different halves like this: A | B Without using tables?

yep - try "CSS two column layout" and variations thereof in your searches.

Bob in PA

William Tasso said:
yep - try "CSS two column layout" and variations thereof in your searches.

Wow, hadn't thought of that one. This works rather nicely (not my creation,
just copied and pasted) :

..left{ float:left;
color:black;
background:red;
width:45%;
border-style:double;
border-color:red;
border-width:thin;
}

..right{float:right;
text-align:left;
color:black;
background:red;
width:45%;
border-style:double;
border-color:red;
border-width:thin;
}

Thanks,

Bob

rf

Bob in PA said:
Hi,

Sorry about asking this, but I couldn't word this in a way that google
could give me an answer. Is there a way to divide a page into two different
halves like this: A | B Without using tables?

Yes. The correct google term is "two column CSS layout". You will get about
37,500 hits.

Cheers
Richard.