    need a good place to start.

    Does anyone have any suggestion of where to start, at least?

    TIA...
    Blue Streak, Dec 30, 2005

  2. Blue Streak

    Karl Seguin Guest

    Start with me!!!

    I wrote an article for msdn about AJAX.NET, I think you'll find it useful:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/ASPNetSpicedAjax.asp

    Karl

    --
    MY ASP.Net tutorials
    http://www.openmymind.net/

    Karl Seguin, Dec 30, 2005

  3. Blue Streak,
    No offsense to Karl, who does great work, but before you get too deeply into
    Remote Scripting (er, "AJAX") take a look at either Anthem.net or
    MagicAjax.NET, both of which are open source projects on sourceforge.net.

    Both of these are closer to the Microsoft Atlas model in that neither uses
    an external handler, (as does Schwartz' creation) thereby enabling
    preservation of the statefulness of the page.

    Both are just as easy to use, and a lot more lightweight.

    Peter

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    UnBlog:
    http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Dec 30, 2005
  4. Blue Streak

    Karl Seguin Guest

    None taken. I got my first taste of MagicAjax.NET last week and was
    impressed. I'm more of a down in the plumbing kinda guy (hence the reason I
    like AJAX.NET), but it really was impressive :)

    Karl

    Karl Seguin, Dec 30, 2005