Novice question: AJAX for ASP.NET and all that Jazz...

Blue Streak

I am trying to wade into the waters of client-side scripting to be
integrated with ASPdotNET.

Are there any ready-made tools for use wth dotNET? I am assuming that
is what ajaxnet and ajaxnet-library are for...then, of course there is
Atlas by Micro$oft. Ugh! I'm suffering from information overload and
need a good place to start.

Does anyone have any suggestion of where to start, at least?

TIA...

Guest

Blue Streak,
No offsense to Karl, who does great work, but before you get too deeply into
Remote Scripting (er, "AJAX") take a look at either Anthem.net or
MagicAjax.NET, both of which are open source projects on sourceforge.net.

Both of these are closer to the Microsoft Atlas model in that neither uses
an external handler, (as does Schwartz' creation) thereby enabling
preservation of the statefulness of the page.

Both are just as easy to use, and a lot more lightweight.

Peter