nrand48 ?!?!?!?!

Skybuck Flying

Keith Thompson said:
"Skybuck", perhaps you don't understand what "plonk" means. Richard
was publicly announcing that he's put you into his killfile. This
instructs his newsreader to ignore any article with your name on it.
As far as he's concerned, you no longer exist. He's not the first
person to do so, and I'm sure he won't be the last. It's not
something you have any control over.

I don't expect the following to do any good, but I'm going to give it
one last try.

"Skybuck", you're just annoying people. You've barged into a
newsgroup where we're trying to have intelligent technical
discussions, and you're behaving like a childish jerk. You insulted
people while you ask them for help. It's not funny, it's not cute,
it's not charming, it's just obnoxious.

You still have a chance to become an accepted member of this
community, if that's what you want. Stop swearing, stop shouting
(all-caps and multiple exclamation points are the written equivalent
of shouting), and calm down. (Such things might be acceptable in
moderation, but I doubt that you can manage that.)

If you're not willing to do that, please just go away. If you're
trying to get attention, you'll succeed briefly, but after a while
we'll simply ignore you.

Lol well spoken dude.

Anyway... excuse me for having some fun.

I do have a question for you ?

Is your name really thompson ?

Because that would be an ultra cool name !

The thompson machine gun is my favorite wapen ! =D

( Lol in games ofcourse :D )

Bye,
Skybuck.

Richard Bos

Keith Thompson said:
You still have a chance to become an accepted member of this
community, if that's what you want. Stop swearing, stop shouting
(all-caps and multiple exclamation points are the written equivalent
of shouting), and calm down. (Such things might be acceptable in
moderation, but I doubt that you can manage that.)

And, perhaps just as important, let yourself be helped. If people tell
you that your code is broken for so-and-so a reason, don't post another
thread in which you ask about code in which you have changed another
unimportant detail, but which is broken in the same old way.

Richard