Nul lPointer Exception in Checkstyle

Tim Slattery

This is kind of tangential for a Java group, but I'm hoping I can get
some kind of pointer. I'm running Checkstyle in Eclipse Helios, and it
gives a NullPointerExcepton on *every* module. There's a message
indicator on the first line, the tooltip says "Got an exception -
java.lang.NullPointerException". There are some other Checkstyle
messages, but clearly it's completing its inspection, I can see things
that should be flagged that aren't. I've googled, but haven't found
anything.

Tim Slattery

Tim Slattery said:
This is kind of tangential for a Java group, but I'm hoping I can get
some kind of pointer. I'm running Checkstyle in Eclipse Helios, and it
gives a NullPointerExcepton on *every* module. There's a message
indicator on the first line, the tooltip says "Got an exception -
java.lang.NullPointerException". There are some other Checkstyle
messages, but clearly it's completing its inspection, I can see things
that should be flagged that aren't. I've googled, but haven't found
anything.

Turned out to be a Maven configuration issue. Or seems to have been,
anyway. When we got the Maven config for the project straightened out,
the NullPointerException vanished.