NullReferenceException...hitting them all today...on XmlNode return

Kathy Burke

Hi again,

I've solved my previous posting (which I'll comment in when it appears)
-- I had a [ in the wrong place...sorry!

However, now that my nodeset problem is resolved, I receive an error on
the following line: "Object reference not set to an instance of an
object". I'm searching for clues but there appears to be many reasons
for this error, and hoping that an experienced eye can quickly tell me
what I've missed.

Dim n As xmlNode = xDoc("xpath")
If n.value Is Nothing
'do this...
I'm also put in "Dim test As String = n.Value" but get the same error.
NullReferenceException?

I can not find any similar info on how to handle the null return
node/set?

Any enlightenment welcome.

Thanks, thanks, thank,

Kathy