number formating!

Jamie Fryatt

I have a querystring that passes through the value 001 for example,

the form on the receiving page need to display that number but with 1 added
to it.

i have

dim strnum
strnum = request.querystring("value")
strnum = strnum + 1

when displayed <%=strnum%> shows 2 instead of 002, and the zero's are very
important, is there any number formating trick i dont know or another way of
doing this?

i thought about coding the first two zero's in before i call the strnum but
this would mess things up when i get to 010 etc.

thanks

Jamie