Numerical Python Tutorial errors

Gary Wessle

Hi

is the Numerical Python tutorial maintained?
http://www.pfdubois.com/numpy/html2/numpy.html
seams to have some errors and no email to mail them to when found.

if interested, read about the errors below

(1)
http://www.pfdubois.com/numpy/html2/numpy-6.html#pgfId-35606
Creating arrays from scratch
the html showing code lines below on the top of text lines from the
surrounding paragraphs, I was surprise to be able to copy and paste
the lines below as they are not visually clear on the page.
x,y,z = 1,2,3
a = array([x,y,z]) # integers are enough for 1, 2 and 3
print a [1 2 3]
a = array([x,y,z], Float) # not the

(2)
http://www.pfdubois.com/numpy/html2/numpy-5.html#pgfId-57136
Universal Functions

12 # 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 <---- is
12 # 1 + 2 + 4 + 5 <---- should be

Robert Kern

Gary said:
Hi

is the Numerical Python tutorial maintained?
http://www.pfdubois.com/numpy/html2/numpy.html
seams to have some errors and no email to mail them to when found.

No, it is not since Numeric itself is no longer maintained. The successor to
Numeric is numpy and is being actively developed:

http://numeric.scipy.org

--
Robert Kern

an underlying truth."