Numerical Python Tutorial errors

Discussion in 'Python' started by Gary Wessle, May 7, 2006.

  1. Gary Wessle

    Gary Wessle Guest

    Hi

    is the Numerical Python tutorial maintained?
    http://www.pfdubois.com/numpy/html2/numpy.html
    seams to have some errors and no email to mail them to when found.

    if interested, read about the errors below

    (1)
    http://www.pfdubois.com/numpy/html2/numpy-6.html#pgfId-35606
    Creating arrays from scratch
    the html showing code lines below on the top of text lines from the
    surrounding paragraphs, I was surprise to be able to copy and paste
    the lines below as they are not visually clear on the page.

    >>> x,y,z = 1,2,3
    >>> a = array([x,y,z]) # integers are enough for 1, 2 and 3
    >>> print a

    [1 2 3]
    >>> a = array([x,y,z], Float) # not the

    (2)
    http://www.pfdubois.com/numpy/html2/numpy-5.html#pgfId-57136
    Universal Functions
    >>> print add.reduce([1,2,4,5])

    12 # 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 <---- is
    12 # 1 + 2 + 4 + 5 <---- should be
    Gary Wessle, May 7, 2006

  2. Gary Wessle

    Robert Kern Guest

    Gary Wessle wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > is the Numerical Python tutorial maintained?
    > http://www.pfdubois.com/numpy/html2/numpy.html
    > seams to have some errors and no email to mail them to when found.

    No, it is not since Numeric itself is no longer maintained. The successor to
    Numeric is numpy and is being actively developed:

    http://numeric.scipy.org

    --
    Robert Kern

    an underlying truth."
    -- Umberto Eco
    Robert Kern, May 7, 2006

  3. Gary Wessle

    Gary Wessle Guest

    Robert Kern <> writes:

    > Gary Wessle wrote:
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > is the Numerical Python tutorial maintained?
    > > http://www.pfdubois.com/numpy/html2/numpy.html
    > > seams to have some errors and no email to mail them to when found.

    > No, it is not since Numeric itself is no longer maintained. The successor to
    > Numeric is numpy and is being actively developed:
    >
    > http://numeric.scipy.org

    thank you
    Gary Wessle, May 8, 2006