Object Database (ODBMS) for Python

Patrick K. O'Brien

I'm working on an ODBMS written in Python, for Python, and was
wondering if anyone was interested. In particular, I'd like to know
what features would be useful, and what types of use cases people
would have for a simple, but feature-rich object database.

The system that I'm developing is PyPerSyst, which began as a simple
persistence mechanism, but is now becoming a complete ODBMS. Some
details are available here:

http://www.orbtech.com/wiki/PyPerSyst

The code is available in CVS on SF:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pypersyst/

As you'll see when you look at it, my goal is to provide many of the
features you would find in relational databases (declarative alternate
keys, referential integrity, etc.) without any of the impedence
mismatch associated with mapping between objects and relational
tables. And since this is Python, I've got several features I've
never seen in any database of any kind (like built-in, automatic,
self-maintained, bi-directional associations for all references).

So, what else would you like to have in a pure-Python ODBMS?