Object datasource bind problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Kevin, Aug 26, 2006.

  1. Kevin

    Kevin Guest

    Hi my name is Kevin

    can someone help me with the objectdatasource, when binding bussines objects
    to it ?
    i can normally bind them to a grid and detail grid but the problem remains
    that when the bussiness object user that i bind in the detailgrid
    holds child obbjects like and adress object, so when i update the main
    object my child object location isnt passed through my insert method

    i have a usercollection boud to a datadgrid, when i click it i go get the
    details from it by selecting a user by id and show them in a detailsgrid
    i have an itemtemplate boud o name and one bound to the
    location.locationnaam, when i clinck insert user i show insert itemtemplate

    i can enter a name for the user and i added a single datasource to show a
    list of location objects in a dropdownlist

    now when i click insert my user object is filled in, i see the name i
    entered BUT,... my location object in my user object is empty

    and i selected one from the dropdownlist, how can i pas the object i
    selected from a different datasource to the object i am inserting in the
    main object data source

    method on my bl layer

    public sub insertUser(User as object)

    class User