Object Expected Error

minneapolis_dan

I'm baffled about why IE is giving me an object expected error on my
page. When I refresh the page, it goes away(common occurence?). I'm
using Dreamweaver rendered Javascript, common stuff, rollovers and drop
down menu. Can anyone help tell me why? The site was just loaded to the
following URL: http://www.moriresearch.com/ Any page will do, the home
page uses the same JS as the others.

I'm guessing some function is being called that doesn't exist, but I
don't see the problem. Thanks so much for any help I can get.

Matt - EditMe.com

Dan,

The first line of code in the referenced "scripts/main.js" javascript
file is calling a function called mmLoadMenus(), but this function
isn't defined until later in the page (right in the page content
instead of in a referenced .js file).

Try moving the tag that references scripts/main.js below the <script>
block that defines the mmloadMenus() function.

Cheers,
Matt

Randy Webb

minneapolis_dan said the following on 11/27/2005 6:05 PM:
I'm baffled about why IE is giving me an object expected error on my
page. When I refresh the page, it goes away(common occurence?).

Firefox also gives that error. And it does *not* go away when you
refresh the page. Not for me anyway.

I'm using Dreamweaver rendered Javascript, common stuff, rollovers and drop
down menu.

DW may be "common stuff" but it is *always* complete and utter junk code.
Can anyone help tell me why? The site was just loaded to the
following URL: http://www.moriresearch.com/ Any page will do, the home
page uses the same JS as the others.

If you look in:
You will see that the function call mmLoadMenus() is one of the very
first lines. But if you look at the source of your page you are
attempting to call that function before it is defined.
I'm guessing some function is being called that doesn't exist, but I
don't see the problem.

Yes, that is the problem. See Above.
Thanks so much for any help I can get.

Help: