Guest

Hi Everyone,

It has been a long time. Anyhow, I am writing this app that is suppose to
access a directory on the server and list all the directories files and bind
it to a Repeater control. This is the source or codebehind rather:

private void Page_Load(Object source, EventArgs e)
{
If(!Page.IsPostBack)
showDirectoryContents(Server.MapPath(Directory Path));
private void showDirectoryContents(string Path)
{
DirectoryInfo dir=new DirectoryInfo(Path);
FileInfo[] fileCollection=dir.GetFiles();
Repeater1.DataSource=fileCollection;
Repeater1.DataBind();
}
The error I am getting is as follows:

to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 210: DirectoryInfo dir=new DirectoryInfo(Path);
Line 211: FileInfo[] fileCollection=dir.GetFiles();
Line 212: Repeater1.DataSource=fileCollection; <---this line is the
source of the problem.
Line 213: Repeater1.DataBind();
Line 214: }

I've scripted the repeater control into the form as it should be and set the
id to Repeater1 so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Can someone tell me
what I'm missing here?

Thank you.

Sam-

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,
Hi Everyone,

It has been a long time. Anyhow, I am writing this app that is suppose to
access a directory on the server and list all the directories files and bind
it to a Repeater control. This is the source or codebehind rather:

Do you have a aspx.designer.cs file under the ASPX file in the Solution
explorer? Sometimes (especially when porting a 1.1 application to 2.0),
the file is not generated automatically, and then the controls are not
created.

Two ways around that: Declare the "Repeater1" yourself in the code
behind (must be protected), or recreate the ASPX file, copy-paste the
controls inside it, compile and make sure that the designer.cs file is
generated correctly this time.

HTH,
Laurent