Odd behaviour of *.pth files and Apache

D'Arcy J.M. Cain

I tried searching the archives for information on this but nothing
seemed to be germane. I am running Python sripts as CGI under Apache
and I have a .pth file in site-packages that includes directory that
has another .pth in it. Sometimes it picks up the paths in the
second .pth and sometimes it does not. It always seems to work if I am
working in a location not in the ServerRoot but if I use the main site
it does not pick up the directories in the included .pth.

I have tried changing just about everything with no difference. Can
somone suggest any reason why Python would not recurse the .pth files
sometimes and not others?