Odd Browser behavior for HTML in Safari on Windows

Discussion in 'HTML' started by OccasionalFlyer, Feb 3, 2010.

  1. I am trying to figure out why the following piece of HTML (and
    several others like it) are being rendered incorrectly by Safari on
    Windows. In IE or Firefox, the label and the value of the input field
    are on the same line. In Safari, the label is on one line, and the
    input field value is on thenext line, moved far to the left. I didn't
    write this but it does not look all that complicated. I would expect
    in normal HTML for both things to be on one line. Any suggestions as
    to how to make Safari do the right thing? Thanks.

    <label id="field-plan-display"><span class="label-
    text">Program: </span>

    <INPUT readonly class="guide-inline-display" TYPE="TEXT" NAME="GRAD
    $95Plan1" SIZE="100" MAXLENGTH="254">
    </label>

    The .css definition of clear is:
    ..clear {
    clear: left;
    }

    label-text definition:
    ..label-text {
    padding-right: 10px;
    width: 120px;
    display: block;
    float: left;
    position: relative;
    top: 2px;
    left: 0;
    font-weight: bold;
    text-align: right;
    }

    guide-inline-display definition:
    #section-academicplans .guide-inline-display {

    width: auto;
    border: none;
    font-size: 1.0em;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    float: none;
    text-align: left;

    }

    I don't see anything that would make this work correctly in Firefox
    but not in Safari. ANy suggestions? Thanks.
    OccasionalFlyer, Feb 3, 2010

  2. OccasionalFlyer

    rf Guest

    "OccasionalFlyer" <> wrote in message
    > I am trying to figure out why the following piece of HTML

    Where is the URL?
    rf, Feb 3, 2010