Odd Datagrid Behavior

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Stephen, Sep 11, 2007.

  1. Stephen

    Stephen Guest

    Okay, I have a datagrid on my page, with two columns. Both of them are
    Template Columns, one with a link button in it and the other with a
    LABEL in it.

    On the initial databind, the datagrid is built successfully, including
    the HTML that appears in the label which is generated during the
    ItemDataBound event.

    Expected behavior is that the user will select the link button, the
    datagrid hides, and a panel shows up with various controls which the
    user interacts with. When the "SAVE" button is clicked, the panel
    hides and the datagrid is rebound and displayed once more.

    For the most part this is working perfectly, except for that LABEL
    control on the re-binding after the SAVE button has been clicked. At
    that point, and for that row only, the label does not display the data
    generated in the ItemDataBound event.

    Any thoughts?

    Thanks!
    - Stephen
    Stephen, Sep 11, 2007

  2. Stephen

    Stephen Guest

    On Sep 11, 3:32 pm, Stephen <> wrote:
    > Okay, I have a datagrid on my page, with two columns. Both of them are
    > Template Columns, one with a link button in it and the other with a
    > LABEL in it.
    >
    > On the initial databind, the datagrid is built successfully, including
    > the HTML that appears in the label which is generated during the
    > ItemDataBound event.
    >
    > Expected behavior is that the user will select the link button, the
    > datagrid hides, and a panel shows up with various controls which the
    > user interacts with. When the "SAVE" button is clicked, the panel
    > hides and the datagrid is rebound and displayed once more.
    >
    > For the most part this is working perfectly, except for that LABEL
    > control on the re-binding after the SAVE button has been clicked. At
    > that point, and for that row only, the label does not display the data
    > generated in the ItemDataBound event.
    >
    > Any thoughts?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > - Stephen

    All right, we discovered the issue here. Apparently, after the
    ITEMCOMMAND from the button click processed, that particular row was
    no longer considered an Item or AlternateItem but rather a
    SelectedItem.
    Stephen, Sep 12, 2007