Odd Datagrid Behavior

Stephen

Okay, I have a datagrid on my page, with two columns. Both of them are
Template Columns, one with a link button in it and the other with a
LABEL in it.

On the initial databind, the datagrid is built successfully, including
the HTML that appears in the label which is generated during the
ItemDataBound event.

Expected behavior is that the user will select the link button, the
datagrid hides, and a panel shows up with various controls which the
user interacts with. When the "SAVE" button is clicked, the panel
hides and the datagrid is rebound and displayed once more.

For the most part this is working perfectly, except for that LABEL
control on the re-binding after the SAVE button has been clicked. At
that point, and for that row only, the label does not display the data
generated in the ItemDataBound event.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
- Stephen

[...]

All right, we discovered the issue here. Apparently, after the
ITEMCOMMAND from the button click processed, that particular row was
no longer considered an Item or AlternateItem but rather a
SelectedItem.