    2: Fail to learn lambda calculus
    3: Sit in corner rocking
    4: Consider suicide.

    Nonpython, Jul 15, 2010

  2. Nonpython

    Peter Guest

    Re: How to Learn Lambda Calculus: A Guide

    On Jul 16, 6:40 am, Nonpython <> wrote:
    > 1: Try to learn lambda calculus
    > 2: Fail to learn lambda calculus
    > 3: Sit in corner rocking
    > 4: Consider suicide.

    You forgot:

    5: (quietly) drooling

    But then that might be part of the advanced course? I really can't
    remember, my PHD in 'lambda calculus' was done so long ago now...

    Peter, Jul 15, 2010

  3. How to Learn Lambda Calculus: A Guide

    On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 1:53 PM, Peter <> wrote:
    > On Jul 16, 6:40 am, Nonpython <> wrote:
    >> 1: Try to learn lambda calculus
    >> 2: Fail to learn lambda calculus
    >> 3: Sit in corner rocking
    >> 4: Consider suicide.

    > You forgot:
    >
    > 5: (quietly) drooling
    >
    > But then that might be part of the advanced course? I really can't
    > remember, my PHD in 'lambda calculus' was done so long ago now...

    No PhD required (if one ever is, besides for jobification purposes).

    Simple (somewhat shallow) introduction:
    http://eflorenzano.com/blog/post/lambda-calculus/

    A construction of the Church numerals: http://www.stephendiehl.com/?p=66

    Not so hard, really.