On.Zoom

Tracy McGreek

I want to be able to zoom one of my Web pages, by Ctrl-+, Ctrl--,
Ctrl-
0, Ctrl-Mousewheel, and to have the top of a given element remain at
(or
return to) the top of the screen (without reloading the page).
Preferably for all GUI browsers, or for Firefox 3 & Safari 5, but any
of
MSIE 8, Opera 11, Chrome 12 would be of some use.

Dr J R Stockton

In comp.lang.javascript message <ce90c397-5ed0-4398-8f30-d3e34ab5a550@28
g2000yqu.googlegroups.com>, Tue, 28 Jun 2011 06:09:42, Tracy McGreek
I want to be able to zoom one of my Web pages, by Ctrl-+, Ctrl--,
Ctrl-
0, Ctrl-Mousewheel, and to have the top of a given element remain at
(or
return to) the top of the screen (without reloading the page).
Preferably for all GUI browsers, or for Firefox 3 & Safari 5, but any
of
MSIE 8, Opera 11, Chrome 12 would be of some use.

And Firefox 4 & 5 ?

Note that in plain Zoom it is always possible to have all of the top
line of the display still the top line after Zoom, whereas in Zoom Text
Only, which can cause the page to be re-composed differently, one cannot
always have the whole of the old top line at the new top-of-screen.

So your "given element" is very meaningful.

This is a feature which ought to be provided, and turned on by default,
in all browsers, but with a choice of whether it is the top, middle, or
bottom of the screen that is used. And, while they are at it, likewise
for sideways.