Onbeforeunload not working in chrome version 80

Joined
Feb 27, 2020
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I have a datatable on page and I have search functionality for the datatable on the page.when i try to search string it filters datatable. And when I redirect to another page and again come back to the same page the search filter(datatable ) retains.

I have written down function on onbeforeunload event as below

var unloadCatcher = function() {
var dateObjAjax = new Date();
var timestamp = dateObjAjax.getTime();
var sortColumnIndex = $('#example').dataTable().fnSettings().aaSorting[0][0];
var pageType = "EPPatientList";
var paginationSize = $("#example_length select option:selected").prop('value');
var sortDirection = $('#example').dataTable().fnSettings().aaSorting[0][1];
var searchText = "";
if ($('#search_input').is(':visible')) {
searchText = $('#search_input').val();
$("#hiddenSearchText").val(searchText);
}
else {
$("#hiddenSearchText").val("");
}

$.ajax({
url: "<%=userPreference%>&sortColumnIndex=" + sortColumnIndex
+ "&pageType=" + pageType
+ "&paginationSize=" + paginationSize
+ "&sortDirection=" + sortDirection
+ "&time="+timestamp,
type: "post",
data: $("#hiddenSearchForm").serialize(),
cache: false,
async: false,
success: function(data){
}
});

var otable = $('#example').DataTable();
var pageSize = otable.page.info().length;

var expdate = new Date();

expdate.setTime(expdate.getTime() + (60 * 60 * 1000 * 24 * 365 * 20));
$.cookie('SJM_PT_'+userLogonCookieName+'_PageSize',pageSize,{ expires: expdate });
}

window.onbeforeunload = unloadCatcher;

currently this function (window.onbeforeunload = unloadCatcher;) doesn't work for me as I am using chrome 80.

And as per my knowledge Chrome version 80 does not support window.onbeforeunload events any more instead there are two new calls fetch and sendBeacon is supported in Chrome and other browsers except IE11. So is there any alternative?

Thanks in advance

Joined
Nov 27, 2019
Messages
163
Reaction score
28
You are using either vue, react, or angular js along with jquery. You need to go to a forum that specializes in those frameworks. Each abomination has their own users forum and help center. Use google to look up where.

Joined
Feb 27, 2020
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
We are not using any framework.The application is in jquery and backend java
Also we have used datatables to render data in table.

Last edited:
Joined
Nov 27, 2019
Messages
163
Reaction score
28
"We are not using any framework.". That is what jquery is - a framework.
I use Version 80.0.3987.122 (Official Build) (64-bit) and window.onbeforeunload is supported, but it is a fickle function and does not always work. The browser does not make a difference.
I bow out; if you receive no help from my constituents try another forum.