onChange does not execute when original value selected.

mike

Am I correct in assuming that when the starting value of a select list
is re-selected, the onChange command does not execute?

I need to have it execute when the original value is selected if
possible.

Lee

mike said:
Am I correct in assuming that when the starting value of a select list
is re-selected, the onChange command does not execute?

I need to have it execute when the original value is selected if
possible.

Many people add a dummy first value to select lists, with text like:
"Choose one..."

That ensures that selecting any real value will fire the onChange
event.

Michael Winter

Am I correct in assuming that when the starting value of a select list
is re-selected, the onChange command does not execute?

I need to have it execute when the original value is selected if
possible.

Then use onclick. onchange will only fire when the value is *changed*,
surprisingly enough :)

Mike