one XMF file transformed by different XSLT-files

Philipp Reiss

Hello group,
I'm new in this topic and I run into problems where google can't help me.
I have a XML-file, wich is bound to a XSLT-file, and this works fine in
a browser.
How do I show the same XML-file with an other XSLT-file?
Thanks for your help!
Philipp

Martin Honnen

Philipp Reiss wrote:

I'm new in this topic and I run into problems where google can't help me.
I have a XML-file, wich is bound to a XSLT-file, and this works fine in
a browser.
How do I show the same XML-file with an other XSLT-file?

XSLT processors usually have an API to provide the XML input, the XSLT
stylesheet and (optional) parameters to run a transformation. So choose
an XSLT processor and check its documentation on how to run a
transformation.

If you are thinking about doing this client-side in the browser then you
have to use different code for different browsers, IE/Win can use MSXML
3 or later to run XSLT tranformations, the documentation is here
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...html/6b8e4b12-f090-49e5-a2e4-b8fb913ac320.asp>
Mozilla has Transformiix and exposes an API to JavaScript described here:
<http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Using_the_Mozilla_JavaScript_interface_to_XSL_Transformations>

Manuel Collado

Philipp Reiss escribió:
Hello group,
I'm new in this topic and I run into problems where google can't help me.
I have a XML-file, wich is bound to a XSLT-file, and this works fine in
a browser.
How do I show the same XML-file with an other XSLT-file?

There is a W3C Technical Report for specifying alternate stylesheets:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-stylesheet/

But I don't know any browser that supports it.

Philipp Reiss

Hi Manuel,

Manuel said:
There is a W3C Technical Report for specifying alternate stylesheets:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-stylesheet/

But I don't know any browser that supports it.

thanks for your information.
I read the page you recommende but I don't understand how to select one
of the given stylesheets. What does the aprameter 'alternate (yes|no)
"no"' do?
Thanks
Philipp

Manuel Collado

Philipp Reiss escribió:
Hi Manuel,

thanks for your information.
I read the page you recommende but I don't understand how to select one
of the given stylesheets.

The browser must provide an option to select the desired style.

To my knowledge, Mozilla/Firefox support this only for HTML/CSS styles.
In the topmenu:

View -> Page style

It doesn't yet provide this facility for XML/XSLT

And MS Internet Explorer doesn't support selectable styles at all.

What does the parameter 'alternate (yes|no) "no"' do?

"no" is the default value for the "alternate" attribute (assumed "no" if
ommited).

Regards,