    How do I show the same XML-file with an other XSLT-file?
    Thanks for your help!
    Philipp
    Philipp Reiss, May 8, 2006

  2. Philipp Reiss wrote:

    > I'm new in this topic and I run into problems where google can't help me.
    > I have a XML-file, wich is bound to a XSLT-file, and this works fine in
    > a browser.
    > How do I show the same XML-file with an other XSLT-file?

    XSLT processors usually have an API to provide the XML input, the XSLT
    stylesheet and (optional) parameters to run a transformation. So choose
    an XSLT processor and check its documentation on how to run a
    transformation.

    If you are thinking about doing this client-side in the browser then you
    have to use different code for different browsers, IE/Win can use MSXML
    3 or later to run XSLT tranformations, the documentation is here
    <http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/xmlsdk/html/6b8e4b12-f090-49e5-a2e4-b8fb913ac320.asp>
    Mozilla has Transformiix and exposes an API to JavaScript described here:
    <http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Using_the_Mozilla_JavaScript_interface_to_XSL_Transformations>

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
    Martin Honnen, May 8, 2006

  3. Philipp Reiss escribió:
    > Hello group,
    > I'm new in this topic and I run into problems where google can't help me.
    > I have a XML-file, wich is bound to a XSLT-file, and this works fine in
    > a browser.
    > How do I show the same XML-file with an other XSLT-file?

    There is a W3C Technical Report for specifying alternate stylesheets:

    http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-stylesheet/

    But I don't know any browser that supports it.
    --
    To reply by e-mail, please remove the extra dot
    in the given address: m.collado -> mcollado
    Manuel Collado, May 9, 2006
  4. Hi Manuel,

    Manuel Collado schrieb:
    > There is a W3C Technical Report for specifying alternate stylesheets:
    >
    > http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-stylesheet/
    >
    > But I don't know any browser that supports it.

    thanks for your information.
    I read the page you recommende but I don't understand how to select one
    of the given stylesheets. What does the aprameter 'alternate (yes|no)
    "no"' do?
    Thanks
    Philipp
    Philipp Reiss, May 9, 2006
  5. Philipp Reiss escribió:
    > Hi Manuel,
    >
    > Manuel Collado schrieb:
    > > There is a W3C Technical Report for specifying alternate stylesheets:
    > >
    > > http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-stylesheet/
    > >
    > > But I don't know any browser that supports it.

    > thanks for your information.
    > I read the page you recommende but I don't understand how to select one
    > of the given stylesheets.

    The browser must provide an option to select the desired style.

    To my knowledge, Mozilla/Firefox support this only for HTML/CSS styles.
    In the topmenu:

    View -> Page style

    It doesn't yet provide this facility for XML/XSLT

    And MS Internet Explorer doesn't support selectable styles at all.

    > What does the parameter 'alternate (yes|no) "no"' do?

    "no" is the default value for the "alternate" attribute (assumed "no" if
    ommited).

    Regards,
    Manuel Collado, May 11, 2006