onerror event

Water Cooler v2

onerror event is tied to:

1. the page
2. one per script tag
3. can have cascades of one per control

if 3 is true, what are the controls that implement it?

PS: I agree that try/catch/exception handling is much superior. I am
just curious because I am beginning JavaScript properly and would like
my study to be complete.

Randy Webb

Water Cooler v2 said the following on 4/18/2006 11:35 AM:
onerror event is tied to:

1. the page

Not "the page" but the window object.
2. one per script tag

Objects can have an onerror property as well.
3. can have cascades of one per control
if 3 is true, what are the controls that implement it?

"Cascades of one per control"? URL to where that concept is explained?
PS: I agree that try/catch/exception handling is much superior.

Agree with who? try/catch doesn't have wide enough support yet on the
Web in general to be "superior".
I am just curious because I am beginning JavaScript properly and would like
my study to be complete.

Stay away from W3Schools.com then. If you must/desire to read it, verify
what you read/learn there. Either here in c.l.j or from the
documentation. Not everything on that site is factually true or complete.

Water Cooler v2

I am sorry, Randy. w3schools didn't mention or even infer that there
could be an onerror per object or control. I was ruminating, and
perhaps too far. However, I do agree that w3schools is not the best
deal when it comes to forensics. It's good for a start, though.