onlick insert date

Terje

Have the following code on a checkbox

onClick="oppdater_levering.leveringsdato.value=eval(<?php echo date('Y-m-d')
?>)"

This should insert todays date into leveringsdato in the form
oppdater_levering, but in a strange way I get only displayed a strange year
1976, anyone that can tell me how to make out this?

Terje

Erwin Moller

Terje said:
Have the following code on a checkbox

onClick="oppdater_levering.leveringsdato.value=eval(<?php echo
date('Y-m-d') ?>)"

This should insert todays date into leveringsdato in the form
oppdater_levering, but in a strange way I get only displayed a strange
year 1976, anyone that can tell me how to make out this?

Terje

Hi,

Why do you use eval?
I don't think Javascript wants to eval something like:

2004-4-14

That makes no sense.

Try this:
onClick="oppdater_levering.leveringsdato.value=<?php echo date('Y-m-d') ?>)"

Regards,
Erwin Moller

Terje

Try this:
onClick="oppdater_levering.leveringsdato.value=<?php echo date('Y-m-d') ?>)"

Regards,
Erwin Moller

Have tryed both versions, but still I only get "1976" displayed

Terje

Evertjan.

Terje wrote on 17 nov 2004 in comp.lang.javascript:
?>)"

Have tryed both versions, but still I only get "1976" displayed

Single quote the value.
[Always look at the rendered HTML with view source]

onClick=
"oppdater_levering.leveringsdato.value=
'<?php echo date('Y-m-d')?>'; "

Terje

Single quote the value.
[Always look at the rendered HTML with view source]

onClick=
"oppdater_levering.leveringsdato.value=
'<?php echo date('Y-m-d')?>'; "

Tanks, I've first I made it with a JS dateobject but since this depends on
that the user have the right timeconfiguration its mutch better to get the
date from the server with php. This made it work.

Terje