Online "flat" ISO C resource wanted.

Richard

Can anyone recommend a good online resource listing all C keywords,
standard system calls, defines etc in a "flat" hierarchy.

I wish to set up some bindings in order to bring up "hints and tips" on
using such keywords/functions from ISO C in an IDE I am working on. So I
would bring up a function and use the current word as the search
criteria to locate an online library/faq

e.g

http://resources.c.all/malloc
http://resources.c.all/typedef
http://resources.c.all/EXIT_SUCCESS

etc

Links to any and all of your favorite online C resources appreciated.

user923005

Can anyone recommend a good online resource listing all C keywords,
standard system calls, defines etc in a "flat" hierarchy.

I wish to set up some bindings in order to bring up "hints and tips" on
using such keywords/functions from ISO C in an IDE I am working on. So I
would bring up a function and use the current word as the search
criteria to locate an online library/faq

e.g

http://resources.c.all/mallochttp://resources.c.all/typedefhttp://resources.c.all/EXIT_SUCCESS

etc

Links to any and all of your favorite online C resources appreciated.

http://www.dinkumware.com/manuals/

break
case
char
const
continue
default
do
double
else
enum
extern
float
for
goto
if
int
long
register
return
short
signed
sizeof
static
struct
switch
typedef
union
unsigned
void
volatile
while

C99 adds:
inline
_Imaginary
_Complex
_Bool
restrict

Richard

CBFalconer said:

I don't see how that addresses what I was looking for. You snipped the
example of the format I needed to bring up the info from an IDE for some
reason.

How would you automate an IDE to open that file and find a programmers
guide to "typedef" for example?

The example I gave for what I was looking for was something like

http://xxx.yyy/c/typedef.htm
(and don't forget to expand the download with bzip2)

Would you like to explain how I should tie my shoelaces too?

In addition, why do you not put a proper extension on the compressed
file content so that most of us can use default applications to view the
thing? No one uses underscore followed by type definition. It is "."
(period) followed by extension type.

<signature snipped manually>

Richard

Tony Mc said:
That's either a contradiction or perhaps a tower block.

Tony

You're quite right - when typing I couldn't think of any other. But I
think flat hierarchies do exist. Anyway, the examples should have
clarified :)

Flash Gordon

Richard wrote, On 31/05/07 01:09:
Can anyone recommend a good online resource listing all C keywords,
standard system calls, defines etc in a "flat" hierarchy.

I wish to set up some bindings in order to bring up "hints and tips" on
using such keywords/functions from ISO C in an IDE I am working on. So I
would bring up a function and use the current word as the search
criteria to locate an online library/faq

e.g

http://resources.c.all/malloc
http://resources.c.all/typedef
http://resources.c.all/EXIT_SUCCESS

You could work on adding the information to the Wiki at http://clc-wiki.net/

Just create yourself an account and go to pages of the form
http://clc-wiki.net/wiki/else and add in the appropriate information.
The URLs for the library are slightly different.

If you go this route then discussion about formatting etc belongs on the
Wiki, although obviously questions about correctness of the information
are fine here.

jacob navia

Richard said:
Can anyone recommend a good online resource listing all C keywords,
standard system calls, defines etc in a "flat" hierarchy.

I wish to set up some bindings in order to bring up "hints and tips" on
using such keywords/functions from ISO C in an IDE I am working on. So I
would bring up a function and use the current word as the search
criteria to locate an online library/faq

e.g

http://resources.c.all/malloc
http://resources.c.all/typedef
http://resources.c.all/EXIT_SUCCESS

etc

Links to any and all of your favorite online C resources appreciated.

Yes, writing an IDE implies writing the documentation.

The Ide I wrote has a documentation for all the C library.

Each time I added a function to the library of lcc-win32,
I wrote the documentation for it in html format.

Then, a simple table in the IDE allows you
to get at all those definitions without the chore of accessing
the internet.

Years of work, mostly for no tangible reward but the joy
of having written a good system.

jacob

Keith Thompson

Richard said:
I don't see how that addresses what I was looking for. You snipped the
example of the format I needed to bring up the info from an IDE for some
reason.

How would you automate an IDE to open that file and find a programmers
guide to "typedef" for example?

Well, if I were going to use n869.txt for that purpose, I'd probably
create an index specifying where the information on "typedef" appears
(an offset, suitable for fseek(), and the length of the relevant
material). The IDE could then extract and display the appropriate
text.

Admittedly, it's not clear that displaying direct excerpts of the
standard (or rather of a draft of the standard) is the best thing to
do in general -- but for some users (me, for example), it could be.

[snip]
Would you like to explain how I should tie my shoelaces too?

Sheesh, are you *trying* to be offended? If you already know how to
use bzip2, just ignore the advice. We've already seen that at least
one person had trouble with the concept. Chuck didn't imply ignorance
on your part.
In addition, why do you not put a proper extension on the compressed
file content so that most of us can use default applications to view the
thing? No one uses underscore followed by type definition. It is "."
(period) followed by extension type.

Some operating systems don't allow more than one '.' character in a
file name. Having said that, I agree that "n869.txt.bz2" would be a
better name. But I assume you're able to rename the file yourself
after you download it.
<signature snipped manually>

Good for you. Would you like to tell us how you tied your shoelaces
too?