    Is there any forum source code (open source) that doesn't use SQL database?
    My website package doesn't give me SQL service :(

    ---
    Kelvin, Oct 22, 2004

  2. Kelvin

    Ben Morrow Guest

    Quoth "Kelvin" <>:
    > Is there any forum source code (open source) that doesn't use SQL database?
    > My website package doesn't give me SQL service :(

    This Is Not A Perl Question, but...

    You can get SQL without a database using DBD::SQLLite. This won't
    provide concurrency or consistency checking, though, which is why most
    forum packages use a database.

    Ben

    --
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. I will face my fear and
    I will let it pass through me. When the fear is gone there will be
    Ben Morrow, Oct 22, 2004

  3. Kelvin

    Eric Bohlman Guest

    "Kelvin" <> wrote in

    > Is there any forum source code (open source) that doesn't use SQL
    > database? My website package doesn't give me SQL service :(

    Can you install DBD::SQLite locally? That provides a self-contained SQL
    database manager that runs entirely in your own process space and uses
    files (one per database) in your own area [1], therefore not requiring any
    server-wide processes, data, or administration?

    [1] As several of the PHP people have been pointing out lately, the fact
    that SQLite does in fact use local files means that you have the same
    security issues that you do when using plain old files for storing data;
    you need to make sure that the files are in a place that doesn't
    unnecessarily expose them.
    Eric Bohlman, Oct 22, 2004