Online Graphing Calculator - Perl Backend

robby.walker

Hi,

I've just released a full-featured online graphing calculator at
http://www.e-tutor.com/et2/graphing/ - the back end is built with
(mod_)Perl and GD.

It requires no downloads or plugins - just JavaScript. You can track
points on the curve, graph multiple functions, and more. I'm also
interested in hearing people's feature requests.

If you really like it, please consider digging it:

http://digg.com/software/Online_Graphing_Calculator_2

or voting for it on reddit.com

http://programming.reddit.com/new?n=all

Enjoy!

- Robby

Guest

(e-mail address removed) wrote:

: I've just released a full-featured online graphing calculator at
: http://www.e-tutor.com/et2/graphing/ - the back end is built with
: (mod_)Perl and GD.

Beautiful.

: points on the curve, graph multiple functions, and more. I'm also
: interested in hearing people's feature requests.

I noticed some small parsing problem in the function field:

You can have a function "x", but you can't say "-x", you have to say
"-1*x" instead. Likewise, "x/2" works, but "-x/2" has to be expressed
as "-1*x/2".

I did not try other things yet.

Oliver.

Andrew

Hi,

I've just released a full-featured online graphing calculator at
http://www.e-tutor.com/et2/graphing/ - the back end is built with
(mod_)Perl and GD.

It requires no downloads or plugins - just JavaScript. You can track
points on the curve, graph multiple functions, and more. I'm also
interested in hearing people's feature requests.

If you really like it, please consider digging it:

http://digg.com/software/Online_Graphing_Calculator_2

or voting for it on reddit.com

Is this under GPL / open source? I couldn't find the licensing info.
are you selling this software or services related thereto?

andrew

robby.walker

Hi - first - I fixed the negation bug although it's still not perfect -
the precedence is a little bit off still.

Regarding selling, GPL, etc. - it's being released as a free service
online but it is not being open sourced or sold. The company I work
at, e-Tutor (http://www.e-tutor.com), is a K-12 online school and
tutoring program. This is something we needed for our students and we
wanted to share it.

Enjoy!

- Robby

Guest

(e-mail address removed) wrote:
: Hi - first - I fixed the negation bug although it's still not perfect -
: the precedence is a little bit off still.

Please quote meaningfully, and ...

: >
: > Is this under GPL / open source? I couldn't find the licensing info.
: > are you selling this software or services related thereto?
: >
: > andrew

: Regarding selling, GPL, etc. - it's being released as a free service
: online but it is not being open sourced or sold. The company I work
: at, e-Tutor (http://www.e-tutor.com), is a K-12 online school and
: tutoring program. This is something we needed for our students and we
: wanted to share it.

please bring your posting into a sensible order (top posting fixed).
It's so cumbersome to read.

Oliver.