    for it somewhere available? I'd like to setup the same, but for Ruby 1.8.

    Regards,

    Michael

    Michael Neumann, Aug 12, 2004

  2. Well, we have the Sandbox class in Appendix F of our Ruby book, IIRC.
    You *do* have one, Michael, don't you?

    s.

    Stefan Schmiedl, Aug 14, 2004

  3. Stefan Schmiedl wrote:
    > Well, we have the Sandbox class in Appendix F of our Ruby book, IIRC.
    > You *do* have one, Michael, don't you?

    Yes of course ;-)

    I've tried it, but the @sandboxOutput and @sandboxError variables are
    not filled when "puts" etc. is called! Not sure whether the best way is
    to repopen STDOUT/STDERR to a temporary file (is it possible to do this
    without affecting the host-program?) or whether I should only redefine
    "puts" etc.

    Okay, in SAFE=4 mode, I should definitly redefine "puts", as the
    original puts will not work.

    Thanks.

    Regards,

    Michael