onload event for child window

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by ng, Jul 13, 2005.

  1. ng

    ng Guest

    function w1open(){
    alert("window loaded");
    }
    function wackOpen(){
    var
    my_window1=window.open('http://www.yahoo.com','','left=700,top=700','dependent=yes');

    my_window1.onload=w1open;
    }
    wackOpen();

    1. onload event is never captured..or by the time its get set the page
    is loaded.
    2. I am getting security issues if i use
    my_window1.document.readyState.
    3. Is there not way to check whether childwindow is loaded or not.
    I have been through many threads in this group but none have a
    solution. please help me out

    ng, Jul 13, 2005