Only outside VisualStudio - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Michael Turner

Hi,

I seem to be getting an error outside visual studio - Object reference not
set to an instance of an object. - This only appears outside visual studio
when accessing a page which uses a class library I have created the most
upto date dll appears to be in the Bin folder for the site so I cant work
out what is wrong as everything works fine under visual studio in release
and debug mode using the development server port 4243.

Please help I have finished the application if I can get this working.

Any help appreciated.

--

Kind Regards

Michael Turner
Managing Director
EDS
01727 799673
http://www.ElegantDS.co.uk

This email is only for the use of the addressee. It may contain information
which is legally privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure. If you
are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or disseminate
this email or any enclosures to anyone other than the addressee.

If you receive this communication in error please advise us by telephone at
once on 01727 799673

Konstantinos Pantos

The fact that you're getting an object reference not set to an instance of
an object has nothing to do with the presence of your assembly. My guess
is that something is going wrong on your code because of some IIS setting.
Unfortunately there is not much anyone can tell on the problem causing the
exception unless more details on the problem are provided.

HTH
Kostas Pantos
MSc,MCP Software Engineer
http://kostas.pantos.name