    I've just read an article about advice to learn modern language.
    It is said that c++ is half object oriented, and java is full...
    So i get puzzled, what is the whole characters of OO?

    Yarco, Sep 29, 2005

  2. Yarco

    BigBrian Guest

    C++ supports more programming techniques than just object oriented. It
    also supports, generic programming, structured programming, template
    metaprogramming,.... So, I guess C++ could ( incorrectly, and
    imprecisely ) be refered to as half object oriented. However, C++
    supports object oriented programming ever bit as good, or better than
    Java.

    BigBrian, Sep 29, 2005

  3. Yarco

    mlimber Guest

    Yarco wrote:
    > I've just read an article about advice to learn modern language.
    > It is said that c++ is half object oriented, and java is full...
    > So i get puzzled, what is the whole characters of OO?

    See these FAQs:

    http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/big-picture.html

    Cheers! --M

    mlimber, Sep 29, 2005