Opacity

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Sentient Fluid, Apr 22, 2005.

  1. Is there a way I can have a translucent background in a parent element
    without affecting the foreground (images and text) affected while using
    the various opacity properties? Or do I have to use the .png method?

    Here is the CSS that is affected:

    dl.gallitem {
    border: 1px solid #ffea00;
    width: 102px;
    height:225px;
    background:#000;
    overflow:hidden;
    text-align: center;
    padding: 10px;
    float: left;
    margin-right: 1em;
    color:#000;
    font-size:0.8em;
    filter: alpha(opacity=50);
    -moz-opacity:0.50;
    opacity:0.50;
    }

    ..gallitem dt {
    font-weight: bold;
    text-decoration:underline;
    }

    ..gallitem dt img {
    width: 100px;
    height: 100px;
    }

    ..gallitem dd {
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    text-align:justify;
    }

    What I am *attempting* to do is make a translucent background for the
    whole list, but still have the image in the DT and the text in the DD
    fully opaque.

    Sentient Fluid, Apr 22, 2005