    Center for High Performance Computing TU Dresden
    e-mail: -dresden.de
    phone : (0351) (463) 38553

    Laszlo Barabas, Aug 22, 2003

  2. Laszlo Barabas wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Until now I used the " FILE* popen(const char *, const char*)" to open one pipe
    > and I got one "c style" file descriptor back.
    >
    > What I need is a similar system call to open a pipe, but instead of getting a
    > file descriptor I need a "C++ -style" fstream (class fstream).
    >
    > Can anybody help me?
    > best regards
    > Laszlo

    Since popen is not in the _standard_ C++ language,
    have you tried asking the experts in a newsgroup
    devoted to your platform or operating system?

    --
    Thomas Matthews

    C++ newsgroup welcome message:
    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
    alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
    Other sites:

    Thomas Matthews, Aug 22, 2003

  3. Laszlo Barabas

    Alex Vinokur Guest

    "Laszlo Barabas" <-dresden.de> wrote in message news:-dresden.de...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Until now I used the " FILE* popen(const char *, const char*)" to open one pipe
    > and I got one "c style" file descriptor back.
    >
    > What I need is a similar system call to open a pipe, but instead of getting a
    > file descriptor I need a "C++ -style" fstream (class fstream).
    >
    > Can anybody help me?
    > best regards
    > Laszlo
    > --
    > Laszlo Barabas
    > Center for High Performance Computing TU Dresden
    > e-mail: -dresden.de
    > phone : (0351) (463) 38553

    Look at C++-wrapper around the popen() system call :
    http://alexvn.freeservers.com/s1/popen.html
    http://www.simtel.net/product.php?id=61570

    --
    Alex Vinokur