Open Access mde from web page

Cezar

Hi

Any idea on how to open a mde file from a web page (asp,html,shtml,apsx) ?
I know there is a security setting that don't allows web server to run/launch executable files but can it be turned off

Thank you
Cezar

Ray at

An mde is one of those "compiled" Access "applications," right? If so,
there isn't really any ~need~ to open it via ASP, since that's running on
the server. But, while I've never tried it, you may still be able to just
create an ordinary ADO connection to it with an adjusted Jet connection
string. (www.connectionstrings.com)

Ray at home

Cezar said:
Hi,

Any idea on how to open a mde file from a web page (asp,html,shtml,apsx) ?!
I know there is a security setting that don't allows web server to
run/launch executable files but can it be turned off?

Cezar

Hi Ray

Thank you for the reply. Yes, it is a compiled Access file
What I want is to be able to add a link into a web page where customer to click and the .mde to be called and open
Or, if possible, to embed the mde into a webpage so when I click on a link, the page will appear giving access to the .mde
I don't know how the ADOconnection might help me. Can you please give me more details
Where do I create the connection

Many thanks
Cezar