Open File Dialog Box

Guest

Hello,

Has anyone use the Open File Dialog Box in ASP.net?

I know you can add the HTML File Field control to your ASP page and it will
open the File Dialog Box for you. However, I would like to add a Button to
my ASP page instead that does the same thing. I'm new to ASP.net and C#, so
I'm not sure how I can achieve this. If someone has a code snippet that I
can looked at that does this that would be great

The idea of this is to have the user click my Browse button, and search for
their .csv file, which I will process and upload that data to a SQL Server
Table. I think having a Single Button that says Browse would be cleaner than
having the HTML File Field control that generates Textbox and Browse button
on the page.

Thanks

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

the input type=file is the only way supported by browsers. if you want a
diffent solution, you will need to write an active/x control that must be
installed.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)